♻️ Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. ♻️
Keep Flower Mound Community Service Program
A program allowing individuals to complete volunteer hours according to his/her schedule. A flexible opportunity for individuals who have honor society hours or court appointed hours
The first step is to sign a KFMB volunteer release form. (Click on button - Hold Harmless Form to complete) Once you have done this, send an e-mail stating that you have completed the form and when you plan to begin volunteering.
GUIDELINES FOR PICKING UP TRASH ON YOUR OWN:
1. Contact me via text - 972-900-5549 - before you go out to see if we have a specific area that needs attention. If I do not reply right away you may choose an area the attached list or any public area in Flower Mound that you see trash.
2. Check in when you arrive at each location by sending an email with a photo of the location to this email address: email@example.com
3. Check out of each location by email - include the number of bags of trash collected and a photo of the trash collected. Also while still at the location enter in your hours through trackitforward.com. (Trackitforward.com has an app that can be downloaded to your phone.) You can also go to our website and access it on the home page at the bottom right side. This will be the true tracker for you hours so it is so it is very important that you do it to assure that we can report your hours properly. You will be required to enter in the location, hours, and number of trash bags and recycle bags. Enter in each location separately. The direct website for the program is: www.trackitforward.com
5. If there are not dumpsters at the location, the trash will need to be taken from the location & dropped at a location with dumpsters or taken home to be disposed of.
6. We prefer that trash and recycles are kept in separate bags. There are usually no recycle receptacles at the sites so this will need to be taken home to put out in your recycle container.
Attached is a list of possible locations that tend to get trashy. This is to give you ideas of where to go, you may pick up trash anyplace as long as it is in Flower Mound.
If you go into any creek area, you should wear boots, long sleeves, long pants.
If you are completing volunteer hours that requires verification we can either meet so I can sign your sheet or I can send a letter for verification to you.
You may pick up a grabber to use and some trash bags from Pat at Roosters Men's Grooming Center - 2500 Cross Timbers/1171 (next to La Madeleine).
You will need to return the grabber when you are done completing your hours.
Also be sure to take water for drinking.
You are welcome to call if you have questions - 469-828-9074.